Monday, October 2, 2017

Why did I even become a blogger?

http://thegradstudentway.com/blog/?p=1985#.WdRzcGhSxPY


We all have that dream of writing down everything we go through, inspire someone and even become an influencer. There are the ones that go against everything just to accomplish their goals and there are others. I have had everything I wanted for which I've worked so hard. For the past couple of years, I am finding excuses that stop me reaching the point I want to end up. A couple of days ago I came across a quote on LinkedIn and I decided to take back the control of my life before life takes control over my goals. The quote said “Don’t work 8 hours for a company then go home and not work on your own goals. You’re not tired, you’re uninspired.” Tell me if you can relate.

I’ve been keeping a diary since I can’t even remember when. I always wanted to write a blog on weekly bases but never knew where to start and what it really should be about. Who would really care about my travel adventures (in today’s society we all have bunch of them), my fitness goals or how I am stuck between my career in academia vs my career in industry. A few weeks ago I found a blog of someone that really inspires me and found out that actually every little thing that seems unimportant is somehow related to my bigger goal yes even my cheap hostel adventure.


On this blog I will be writing about a question that has been bothering me for the past few years now. I knew what to do when I obtained my BSc in Civil Engineering. I was selected for Fulbright Fellowship and was starting in a TOP 10 university straight out of bachelors. As I started getting down the road of being a professional in the field of structural engineering, I had to make a decision of what my next step would be. There is a big world called civil industry and it looks endless at least for the next couple of decades. And there is a not so popular road called academia and you are only expected to end there if you like working independent and don’t really want to interfere with the real world problems. Even though somehow I can relate to both I am not very sure which one I would fit better. A few of my classmates think that I am super lucky because I can do great in both, however, I sometimes do prefer that I could only do one and be consistant in that. Here is my adventure getting through the struggle. I hope it encourages you on your own journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment