Saturday, November 25, 2017

Don't lose you hope until you find the reason you are born

Even though I was planning to post on something totally different today, I came across a TEDx talk that changed the way I was feeling.

I started my new job 3 weeks ago and after working a week I had to take a week off because I was feeling really sick (I don’t remember taking a week off because I was so sick). Even technically this past week was my 3rd week, it was actually my 2nd week of work and I was stressed about the kind of reputation I gave them just in the beginning of my career at this company. Besides being stressed because I missed a lot on an urgent project, the project was rejected by the contractor and we had to go through pages of corrections and change our design. This meant more stress, more effort and more time to put into reading the specifications.

Aside of my full-time industry job I am a part-time researcher. For a few days now I am very confused about how much research I can actually get done while dealing with my full time job. Also as my blog makes it very clear, I am thinking if I am an industry person or academia person, like everyday almost.


To escape from this mode I typed inspiring talks and here is the first video that came up and I decided to give it a chance. After listening to it, I of course felt better. Please take 15 minutes to watch the video if you haven’t and keep trying to find the reason you were born.

No comments:

Post a Comment