Monday, November 13, 2017

Enjoy the city you lived in before you move out

I quit my very first job last month which one located in Istanbul. I've been to Istanbul a couple of times but you can never get enough of a modern metropol city with very old historical sites. Along with working in an international firm, this was one of the reasons that helped me to move out of my comfort zone.

I lived in this city 8 months. If you work 9am-7pm and getting from on place to another takes min 1hour (assuming it is holiday season so not students, no rain and if you're lucky of course) it can be challenging to leave the comfort of a couch on the weekend to adventure the city. Even though I stayed many weekends at home, I was lucky enough to have my mum and fiance over a couple of times with the excitement to visit all those historical places. Luckily, I had chance to visit every single place twice before I left.

After resigning I took an 4 complete days to pack-up and visit all those places I haven't had time to visit. My mum was kind enough to join me.  My point of this post is, you never know when you'll be back to same city again and no one knows if you'll have the time and money to do what you missed out. My advise would be to enjoy it as much as possible while you are there like a local until that place is a nice memory for you.

Below are a few pictures of beautiful Istanbul, until we meet again.




No comments:

Post a Comment