Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Use night light

Today I will speak about something I discovered recently, yes no one ever told me well better late than never. And it is night light on electronic devices. I use my phone and laptop very frequently after 8 pm until I get into bed. Even though it takes me very short time to fall asleep most of the time, I felt like it's been decreasing my sleep quality and I could feel my eye lids hurting while falling asleep.

It was a coincidence that I tried it on my laptop. It gives the screen brownish color that kind of looks like an old book page. After looking at it a few minutes and switching back to normal makes a huge difference on your eyes. Since the day I discovered this, I have night light 8 pm to 7 am.

Using electronics is sometimes for relaxation or to catch up but there are so many hours we are depending on them, and if there is a way to look at a screen and get the less pain as possible. Even though it probably has no less affect on radiation at least your eyes won't hurt such much.

After a few weeks of using and enjoying it, I realized that I really need this property on my phone which I check last thing at night and first thing in the morning (most of the time). This is probably one of the worse habits I have but looking for ways to get over it. Again by coincidence I accidentally hit the night light mode on my phone (speak about keeping up with technology). For those of you who are in engineering field, it is like using AutoCAD with dark/black background.

Long story short, if you are like me and never noticed this option, give it a try. I promise, you wont regret it. Just one thing to add before I finish, I am not sure how it is on every laptop and if the quality is better at some resolutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment