Saturday, January 6, 2018

10 Reasons Why I chose Texas A&M University for Grad School



I was within the few percent of grad students that actually had funding for masters degree but my funding had a limit. With tuition, fees and cost of living Fulbright would max pay me $35000. To stay within a budget and get the education I want, here is why I chose Texas A&M University.

1. Affordable

I had to stay within the budget and be independent economically. Other two reasons under this category are it is a public school and Texas has one of the highest support for education.

2. Located in Texas

If you are from the Europe-Asia part of the world, Texas sounds like an adventure.We all are raised by parents who were big fans of the serial, Dallas.

3. High ranking in engineering program

Most of the engineering degrees are ranked among Top 10 in public schools.

4. Well-developed syllabus

For Structural Engineering masters degree it had the courses and syllabus I wanted to take.

5. Best researchers in their field

I will not give names but some of the professors are top 10 in their specific field.

6. Old traditional school

This is kind of an odd one for someone in Europe and/or in Asia. Because USA is relatively new country their traditions are not from very long ago. You won't believe the traditions Texas A&M is keeping since 1876.

7. Hot weather

I personally prefer hot over cold so don't need to speak about this much since it is a personal decision.

8. Independent 

Texas has its own rules and is economically stable.


9. Safe 

Yes you can shoot someone who try to harm you. Even though this is one of the reasons it is safe, I am not sure it is a good idea for students to carry guns to school.

10. The professor I wanted to work with was working there

Again, a very personal reason but the professor I wanted to work was working there. Even though I ended up doing something totally different, it was an honor knowing him.

Those are the major reasons I went to Texas A&M University and looking back I don't think I could do a better decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment