Sunday, December 31, 2017

Review of 2017 for Industry VS Academia Blog

As I mentioned in my very first post, I’ve always wanted to blog but never knew what I would write about. I am seeing friends and students my age everyday wondering if they would be more successful in academia or industry. I am going through same stage and I decided to take the tough way and do both until I get a great offer or make up my mind. And now until I know whats the best decision for me, I will share my experience here on this blog, maybe I will help someone decide better.

When I first wrote my first few posts, the numbers of people visiting my page was few, very few. I mean no one is accepting my blog to get a few hundreds in a few weeks. I kept on writing and started using social media as a way to promote my blog and share my ideas. Now with 21 posts, 500+ pageviews I couldn’t wrap this year up better. I started getting positive responses so I decided to increase my posting to 3 times a week which will be on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday.

I wish everyone a great year with realistic new year goals. Keep up with the great work and remember to take some good rest with family and friends before 2018 takes over you.

No comments:

Post a Comment